We all love to take family trips. Going out and spending some time with our family members and exploring a new place often makes us feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Well if you are thinking about planning a trip with your family, and are in search of a perfect destination, that has something for everyone, then the best city to travel to would be Bhopal.
Not only is Bhopal a very culturally rich city, but there are a lot of fun activities and exploration that you can try out when here. However, first things first- if you are seriously considering planning a trip to this city of Madhya Pradesh, then you should first browse through all the good Bhopal 3 star hotels, fix the one that you like the most and book a family stay there. Once you have done all your bookings, here are a few things that you have to do in Bhopal in order to make the best of this family trip:
- Day tour to Bhimbetka Caves: Located about an hour or so drive away, the Bhimbetka Caves will be loved by all. You know why? Because it is one of the testaments of human evolution. Yes, you heard it right; Bhimbetka caves are famous since they contain paintings done by the prehistoric man! They have survived for so long since they have been guarded from most erosion elements since it has been in the caves. There are more than hundreds of caves here that throw light on the daily life and activities of prehistoric man. This is surely an educational as well as refreshing tour.
- Day tour to Sanchi: The Sanchi stupa is revered by the Buddhists all across the world as one of their holiest pilgrimages. This is because it is believed that mortal remains of the Buddha had been stored in the Sanchi Stupa by Emperor Ashoka, who was a great patronage of this religious sect. You can book a car from any one of the bhopal hotels 5 star where you will be staying with your family and plan a day trip to one of the star attractions of Bhopal.
- Relaxing evening at Upper Lake: This is the largest lake in the city and was constructed during the time of Raja Bhoja, who is said to be the founder of the city of Bhopal. This artificial lake is an ideal relaxing spot during the evenings after a tiring day of sightseeing. You can also try out boating here during sunset.
- Exploring the Van Vihar National Park: Located in the heart of the city, if the flora and fauna interests you and your family members this is a spot to definitely pay a visit to. It is particularly known amongst bird watchers.
- Taj-ul-Masjid: Do explore the prowess and brilliance of Islamic architecture right here in the city with a visit to the Taj-ul-Masjid which is one of the largest and most prominent mosques in the city.
These are some of the top tourist destinations and activities that you ought to try out for a complete family trip to this lovely city.