A home espresso machine is a simple appliance that uses steam to brew coffee beans. However, so many things can go wrong and cause your espresso machine to stop working completely. There may be problems with switches, electrical cords, thermostat, fuse, or the heating element. Any issue in these components can directly affect the performance of your espresso machine. If your machine fails to work, you will have no other choice but to hire a specialist for Breville espresso machine repair. It may cost you a lot of money, which is why it is better to take precautionary measures to avoid having any performance issues.
In order to avoid any problem, you should clean your espresso machine thoroughly after each use. Be sure to rinse it properly and wash the filter basket parts with are. You should also ensure that the steam nozzle is clean too. You may want to rely on steam cleaning if your espresso machine comes with a frother assembly too. Expose it to steam for a few seconds and then use a damp cloth to clean it thoroughly.
Identifying the Problem
Even after thorough cleaning, your unit may still fail to perform at times. Sometimes, the problem is quite serious and requires an expert only. However, if you could identify the problem, you can also handle Neville espresso machine repair on your own. For instance:
- Your machine is not working at all. If this is the case, you should start by checking the electrical cord. Ensure that it is fine and the machine is turned on. You should also check the switch. If the machine still fails to respond, you should check the thermostat then. There could also be issues related to the heating element and the fuse, but you should hire a professional if these elements require repair.
- No espresso is coming out of the filter cup. If that is the case, you should pay attention to the quality of the grounds. You experience this issue when the grounds are tamped too hard.
- The espresso drips out too quickly. When the espresso comes out quickly and is weak, you may not be using the correct amount of water and the proper grind. For every 2 tablespoons of coffee, you should use ¼ cup of water.
- The espresso spurts quickly. If you are experiencing this issue around the filter cup, you should examine the cup and clean it properly. It is also a good idea to check the filter basket assembly. Once you have checked these components, ensure that you use the right ratio of water and coffee to avoid these issues.
- The espresso does not heat up. When you notice that the espresso is not hot enough, you usually need to check the thermostat and heating element. If you cannot identify the issue, it is better to talk to a Neville espresso machine repair specialist.