For those homeowners looking for alternatives as compared to the fiberglass, the spray foam insulation is the best idea. The buckling of an overfilled wall cavity or window box is now made very easy where instead of the scratchy arms and skin irritation of fiberglass or rock wool, the home owners can enjoy the mess, an application that when combined forms a solid foam insulation. This Spray foaming is one of the most versatile forms of insulation that is available. It basically helps in sealing the home from any air and moisture intrusion, and alsostrengthen building structure providing thermal, air and vapor barriers capable of ably performing in all climates. For getting the best application and fixation, one must always look for a residential spray foam insulation service provider that has the experience and expertise to perform the work well.
Types of foam insulations-
- Open cell- In this, the tiny cells of the foam are not completely closed but are broken where the air fills all of the open spaces of the foam. This causes open cell foam’s a very spongy feel.
- Closed cell-In this type of insulation,the tiny foam cells are usually closed. They are filled with a gas and packed tightly together, which causes a greater density and higher insulating value.
Benefits of foam insulation- This type of insulation method has made its mark on the insulation industry where some even consider that there’s no better material for sealing your home from any unwanted air and moisture. The benefits so derived from foaming insulation are as follows-
- Locks the air and moisture outside- It is well observed that the moisture does not seep easily through polyurethane spray foam’s closed cell structure. This foam act as a great barrier to the air and puts an end to the energy so lost due to air infiltration. By sealing the studs and all the wall cavities from end to end and exactly from top to bottom, this spray foam closes all the gaps.
- Less costly- As compared with the traditional products that provide a no leak seal as they are very dense, this spray foaming insulation is considered more advantageous because of its ability to retain heat. Hence, it becomes very comfortable and less expensive to maintain the temperature in winters, and summers both.
- Additional strength to the structure- This method of spray foaming is permanent and seamless and also adds some sag proof to the building stability. Therefore, it gives more strength to the house.
- Act as a sound barrier- Places that needs some sort of sound proof areas, this spray foam insulation is best considered and is successful. Hiring the Residential Spray Foam Insulation Contractors for a sound proof room in the office is also an additional benefit.
- No molds and dusts- The possibility of the mold and mildew entering the house or office area can’t get a foothold because of the spray foam’s moisture acting a strong barrier. It closes upthe gaps, that no other nuisances, like dust, pollen and other irritants and allergens, can get into your home through cracks.
Thus, this method helps in having a lot of advantages and also improves the indoor quality. They are best methods being used by many of the homeowners, so give it a try and see the positive results.